The sketch tool lets the user start with a rough sketch that is then used to generate pixel art. This can be used to stear the model towards certain shapes and compositions.
- Open a canvas to generate the image to.
- Click sketch in the PixelLab menu.
- A canny image will open.
- In the canny image, draw a sketch of what you want to generate with white color using a 1px brush.
- Select options.
- Click generate.
The canvas is subject to the following limitations.
- The minimum image size is 32x32 pixels.
- The maximum image size is 200x200 pixels.
The canny image is subject to the following limitations.
- Every dimension of the canny image must be exactly 8 times the corresponding dimension of the canvas, i.e. a 100x100 pixels canvas needs a 800x800 pixels canny image.
- The sketch must be drawn in white color using a 1px brush.
- The background of the canny image must be black.